Paguriran is composed of islets made of corals. It will be reached by land around 45minutes from Sorsogon City going to Bacon District and driving further to it's last barangay Sawangga. Paguriran Island takes pride to it's unique structure and location, it's white sand beach and blue lagoon at the heart of the island.
Surrounding the island is a seabed of corals and schools of different fish/marine species...
And from afar, you will have a glance of majestic Mayon of Albay...
So here's how to get there...
If you are coming from NCR or other regions from the North:
1. You can take an hour flight to Legazpi City or a 10hour travel by land via Bus or roadtrip.
2. Take an hour drive to Sorsogon City. There are Van terminals to the city.
3. From Sorsogon City, you will need to travel another 30 to 45minutes to Barangay Sawangga. Either rent a Van or a tricycle or take a jeepney ride that has a route to Sawangga.
4. There are two resorts now to choose from and they are just adjacent to each other... :)
What to bring:
1. booties... or thick/padded slippers or sandals (the island is made out of corals and that makes the stones sharp enough to cut you without proper care)
2. goggles (they have rich corals and variance of fishes to see down under)
3. sunblock :)
4. life vests or any kind (some areas surrounding the island varies it's depth and the tides rapidly goes high and low)
Beware of sea snakes... they are abundant and are lurking under the stones... but then again, taking extra precaution will lead you to one best escapade you ever had. :)
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."
- Saint Augustine